Tuesday, February 25, 2014

24 Project "Mobile Distraction": Rules


Mobile Distraction
2/27/14 9AM- 2/28/14 9AM

            I am a millennial.  And like all good millennial babies, I am tethered to my phone.  It does not leave my person, and I am at it's every beck and call.  It is my constant entertainer, social avoider, and memory collector.  I am not proud of being a product of this modern age, but I can't blame it for how I choose to occupy my day.  In this project, I will be documenting how often I use my phone over a 24 hour period.  The apps I choose to use throughout my day, and at what times I choose to use them will, no doubt, reveal my own habits in a not-so-flatter, stereotypical 20-something, "kid's these days" sort of way. 

Rules:
            Over a 24 hour period I will be screen-capturing every time I open an app or check the time on my iphone.  This includes, but is not limited to: Responding to a text messages, browsing Facebook or Pinterest, answering a call, etc.  I will not seek to use my phone more than often, nor will I avoid it.  I will not hide any of my phone activities, each initial activation of an app will be recorded.


No comments:

Post a Comment